In 2007, Middlebury College pledged to be carbon neutral by the year 2016. To achieve their goal, the college installed a biomass fired boiler system to replace approximately one million gallons of #6 fuel oil per year and reduce their carbon foot print.
Our Senior Engineer worked closely with the Middlebury team in the initial development of the project including preliminary financial and technical review of the project and was responsible for overall biomass system configuration from conceptual to final design and was lead project manager and project engineer.
Both our VP of Engineering, Brad Noviski, and our VP of Innovation, John Tomasi, were involved in these projects which highlight the expertise and experience they bring to Biotech Energy.”
- Model Type BTC-800
- Plant went online in January 2009
- Steam Production: 23,500 per hour @ 240 psig
- 50% reduction in in #6 fuel oil annually (1,000,000 gallons plus)
- Annual #6 fuel savings $700,000 per year +/-
- CO2 reduction: 12,500 plus metric tons per year.
- 40% reduction in carbon foot print
- Annual wood chip consumption: 20,000 tons per year +/-